Strategic Planner 5
The Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services & Chief Strategy Office (ES&CSO) is seeking an IT Strategist of to join our team of qualified, diverse leaders in our Information Technology Solutions Division. The location for this position is Falls Church, Virginia.
The successful candidate will help lead the IT Solutions (ITS) organization by developing and articulating its vision and strategy through a very exciting and challenging time of digital transformation. ITS provides information technology solutions and services across Northrop Grumman, driving superior business performance through a robust, secure, cost-effective IT infrastructure which enables collaboration and strategic business partnering to foster innovation and technology.
The successful candidate will be the division’s focal point for strategy and investments. He/she will be responsible for building thoughtful, complete, and rigorous strategies for ITS and each of the core services. She/he will also be responsible for researching and providing integrated analysis of business partner dynamics, supplier relationships, and market trends over the long range planning period. The candidate will leverage his/her analytical, strategic and project management skills to help our senior leaders to make informed decisions and execute quickly and flawlessly. The candidate will additionally be responsible for coordinating with strategy points of contact within each ITS service as well as aligning ITS strategy to the Enterprise Shared Services (ESS) service lines.
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Partner with strategy points of contact to establish a clear go to market strategy – including sizing the opportunity, clarifying the value proposition, and prioritizing and securing resources.
- Facilitating recurring strategy and investment sessions
- Serve as a liaison to the Corporate CTO and ES Strategy function
- Develop and lead strategic initiatives
- Provide input to help shape the next-gen portfolio to align with strategic direction.
The position requires a broad technical background along with strong interpersonal skills, problem solving abilities, and innovative thought leadership. This role demands a keen insight and the unwavering ability to detect signals and changes both inside and outside the company and use them to make projections and develop and implement the long-term strategy for the division. The person needs to be a self-starter that has strong written and verbal communication skills and has excellent organizational skills. The person needs to have an executive presence, the ability to interact with multiple senior executives and be very politically savvy.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience with a BA/BS; 13 with a Master’s degree
- 8 years of related experience including some experience in business analysis and/or strategy development
- Knowledge of and experience in the Aerospace, Engineering, and/or Defense industry
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Current DOD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Advanced degree
- Marketing experience
- Experience in a consulting role
- Experience in a management role
- Experience collecting, analyzing and synthesizing business and marketing insights from multiple sources.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top