At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Storage Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in San Diego, CA (Rancho Bernardo).
The selected candidate will perform engineering design and development of storage systems.
- Install and configure several brands of storage arrays into a heterogeneous data center environment.
- Configure block and file level LUN sharing to Unix, Linux, and Windows hosts.
- Automate storage array functionality using API scripting.
- Attend daily Scrums and complete tasks using Agile methodology and tools.
- Work with technicians and engineers to test designs in a lab environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 3 years of engineering experience OR a PhD in a STEM discipline.
- Experience with storage arrays.
- An active in-scope DoD Top Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain Special Program Access.
- The ability to support up to 10% travel.
- Current active in-scope Secret/Top Secret security clearance.
- Knowledge of basic storage concepts such as RAID levels, block and file level storage.
- Familiarity with several different vendor's storage technologies.
- Familiarity with Linux/Solaris operating systems.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset.
- Experience with scripting (python, shell, etc).
- Experience deploying configurations using Ansible.
- Familiarity with Sphinx, yaml, jinja, rest.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top