Steam Turbine Tester
- Sunnyvale, CA
Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world's most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a TESTER C TURBINES based out of Sunnyvale.
Prepare and connect apparatus for tests and operate test facilities and controls to perform static tests on a variety of turbine and auxiliary products where methods, sequences and tooling are normally established. Work with and/or assist journey level testers as required. Qualify, secure, and maintain a security clearance for all tester functions.
- Experience with steam plant operations either onboard a U.S. Navy vessel or within a commercial facility
- Strong mechanical aptitude, ability to quickly learn and develop skills
- Excellent motivation to provide an individual contribution to the team
- Develop and expertise and become a technical expert in particular areas within the department
- Ability to qualify and maintain all required watch stations
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Pass skills and evaluation test
- Ability to obtain a stationary operating engineer license
- Active security clearance
- Stationary operating engineer license
- Strong troubleshooting background on steam plant equipment
Back to top