Staff Systems Safety Engineer
- Huntsville, AL
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is the work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here . Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
The Staff System Safety Engineer reviews product systems, associated support equipment and facilities, functional specifications and operations, and establishes safety requirements for assigned systems. Independently analyzes and recommends safety criteria in system design, equipment and procedures to control or eliminate hazards. Develops safety documents as required to support customer and test/operational range requirements. Performs audits of operational areas and reports effectiveness of system safety program. Participates in accident investigations involving damage to products or related facilities and assists in identification of causes and corrective actions. Evaluates the interrelationship of system safety requirements and other aspects of concept design and development requirements to ensure the most cost effective program.
The GBSD Program is looking for a Staff System Safety Engineer to who has expertise in the tailoring and application of AFSPCMAN 91-710, RCC 319-14, and/or RCC 324-11. Extensive experience in supporting Range Safety activities as directed by AFSPCMAN 91-710 to mature the weapons systems design and support flight test and flight worthiness activities is highly desirable.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelors of Science Degree OR higher in science, engineering, applied mathematics, computer science, or closely related technical discipline
- 14 years of experience with a BS Degree, or 12 years of experience with a Master's Degree
- Active Secret clearance with investigation in the last 6 years
- 10+ years of experience in System Safety, Software Safety, Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety, Range Safety, Explosives Safety
- Familiarity with AFSPCMAN 91-710, RCC 319-14, and/or RCC 324-11
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) Certificate
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Certificate
- Weapon System Experience (Minuteman III or similar military or industry experience)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills of the English language is desired
- Active Top Secret clearance with investigation in the last 6 years
% Travel: 10%
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top