Staff Systems Engineer/Enterprise Agile Coach - (Ability to obtain clearance)
- Dulles, VA
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems sector is seeking an experienced Agile coaches to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
This position will be located in Dulles, VA.
Through the role of an Agile Program Coach, the selected candidate will lead programs in their adoption of Agile practices. The selected candidate will work with programs to gather requirements and best practices to help establish organizational and program level Lean Agile engineering and management principles and processes to support a range of programs from software intensive systems to hardware and embedded systems. Understanding the Northrop Grumman Agile Framework is essential along with the responsibility to help grow and mature this NG branded capability. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and continuously improving standard agile methodologies, policies, and procedures for an Agile, iterative solution lifecycle, from an executable architecture, concept development, iterative design, production, delivery, deployment, and maintenance.
The selected candidate will participate with the NG Agile Center of Excellence as it defines objectives, strategies, and governance for NG software, hardware and digital technology development and become a supporting member of the Agile Community of Practice providing input into plans and provide status on coaching and training as requested. The selected candidate may be requested to provide open enrollment training and backfill other coaching engagements on an as needed basis and engage with the other NG Agile coaches to continue to strengthen their skills and experiences.
Position may require up to 10% travel.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead the efforts of developing Lean Agile engineering and management best practices, metrics, and audit practices.
• Lead agile organizational transformation across the organization to build a modern delivery capability. This includes setting a vision, aligning necessary resources and communicating to executive levels on status/milestones.
• Conduct Scrum team training, product backlog and retrospective workshops, Lean Agile development workshops.
• Analyze and articulate complex subject matter via white papers and presentations, enabling the ease of comprehension by customers and all stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) and 14 years of broad technical experience with concentration in the design, development, integration, implementation, and operations of complex large-scale information systems and technologies. (MS and 12 years; or PhD and 9 years)
• Must have a minimum of 5 years Agile experience leading teams
• U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret level clearance
• 7 years Agile experience leading teams
• Security Clearance (Secret, Top Secret, SCI)
• Advanced (MS and/or PhD) technical degree desired
• Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Certified Scrum @ Scale Trainer, or similar.
• PMP or PMI ACP
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top