Staff Systems Engineer - Inertial Navigation
- Woodland Hills, CA
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Guidance, Navigation, and Control team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join us as a Staff Systems Engineer - Inertial Navigation based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
• Perform program technical planning.
• Participate in the development of program costing efforts.
• Utilize the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) to track and facilitate program execution.
• Perform technical assessment of customer needs/requirements during proposal phase.
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that
acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies
to translate customer requirements/needs into verifiable hardware and software specifications.
• Plan and execute system integration, verification and validation as part of a cross functional team.
• Participate as a team member to drive issues to root cause and enact corrective design actions.
• Prepare and present technical data to management and customers.
• Organize and participates in system verification activities.
Back to top