Staff Systems Engineer - Ground Design Thread Lead
- Redondo Beach, CA
Do you want to work at an international company with endless opportunities for growth and advancement? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will define what's possible?
We are looking for team members who want to solve interesting, complex problems, which protect our nation. Your talents and passion are most important to us. If you don't know a language, program, or platform, we will teach you! Become a part of our enthusiastic teams where we have fun working together and take pride in our contributions to the nation's safety.
As a Staff Systems Engineer - Ground Design Thread Lead, you will be designing systems for a variety of spacecraft using current technologies and others yet to come... We are seeking team members who have a thirst for knowledge, approach each day with optimism, and have a relentless drive to solve complex problems. Creativity and innovation are imperative for this role, because at Northrop Grumman, many of the problems we work on are impossible...until they're not.
What you'll get to do?
As the Ground Design Thread Lead, you will be managing a ground-centric set of space system requirements which cover the following:
- Establishing and maintaining dynamic communications network
- Process, display, and trend system configuration and status
- Publish, archive, and restore telemetry
- Support anomaly resolution
- Training and Test operations
- Capacity: throughput, memory, storage, support SVs
You will coordinate system design and maturation for thread. You will engage deep and wide as needed for comprehensive design solution and as-built compliance.
You will be part of the Ground Segment SEIT IPT which runs as a matrix organization. There will be opportunities for stretching to support special studies, ECPs, major design reviews, cross-IPT synergies, and site efforts.
What does success look like?
As a successful employee, you will:
- Be an active and integral member of your team
- Channel your enthusiasm to innovate
- Be part of a supportive team that develops and deploys technologies that matter to our national security
- Work with agility, flexibility, and collaboration to explore creative ideas
As an employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package which including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Education Assistance
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible schedules, like the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule. The 9/80 schedule allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
Basic Qualifications for a Staff Systems Engineer:
- 14 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline; 12 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 9 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance or SCI access
- Working knowledge of systems engineering principles and processes: requirements development and allocation, verification planning and execution, functional/physical architecture development, interface definition, algorithm development, risk and opportunity management, major design review planning and execution
- Familiarity with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools for requirements and architecture development
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Thread Lead experience
- Agile and Development, Security, Operations (DevSecOps) expertise and certifications
- Advanced MBD knowledge to leverage into more efficient infrastructure solutions and SE processes
- Experience on one or more Northrop Grumman space systems in the ground area
- Systems Engineering lifecycle experience from ATP through activation
- Experience in special studies, Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), and capturing additional contract scope
- Cost Account Manager (CAM) skills to execute on cost and schedule within contract scope limits
Back to top