Staff Systems Engineer - Electronic Warfare
- Camarillo, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineer to perform systems engineering testing for Electronic Warfare related programs at the Naval Air Warfare Center in Point Mugu, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
- Interact with various users, to develop an understanding as to what their needs are, document the understanding, get feedback from the users on the documented needs, analyze how the new needs will affect the existing Mission planning, share the needs with the software developers, and document the requirements.
- Generate test plans/test procedures specifying the test approach, requirements to be tested, resource requirements, schedule, risks/contingencies, etc.
- Conduct peer reviews of test procedures.
- Conduct testing in accordance with test procedures
- Investigate defects/discrepancies
- Write test reports, including documenting defects/discrepancies
- Perform test metric data collection and analysis
- Coordinate with customers, external agencies, and team members to resolve defects/discrepancies and determine future improvements and corrections
- BS Degree in STEM discipline with 14 years of related technical experience; MS degree with 12 years experience; PhD with 9 years experience.
- Must have a current DoD Secret clearance
- Experience with deriving requirements, design, development and testing of system integrations
- Experience with hardware and software integration
- Ability to work on own initiative to contribute to completion of milestones
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well in a close team
- Knowledge of Electronic Warfare principles
- Microsoft Office
- Experience with RF and Airborne Electronic Attack systems
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top