Staff Systems Engineer (Clearance Required)
- San Dimas, CA
Northrop Grumman's, Military & Civil Space Systems Division in Azusa CA, is seeking a qualified Level 5 Engineer ( Chief Engineer or Chief Architect ) who has a strong technical understanding of flight hardware design and performance, ability to manage Failure Review Board (FRB) processes, ability to interface with the customer, ability to drive technical issues to resolution and ability to perform other key assignments across programs, including Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS), Defense Support Program (DSP), Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS), Advanced Technology Microwave Sounder (ATMS), and other evolving space programs.
The candidate is also required to have a solid understanding of cost/ schedule, perform program risk assessment and have the ability to drive educated decisions with information at hand. Proven ability to lead technical teams and oversee complex troubleshooting plans is a must. The SBIRS and DSP programs deliver timely, reliable and accurate missile warning and infrared surveillance information to key decision makers. The system enhances global missile launch detection capability, supports the nation's ballistic missile defense system, expands the country's technical intelligence gathering capacity and bolsters situational awareness for warfighters on the battlefield. The architecture includes a resilient mix of satellites in geosynchronous earth orbit (GEO), hosted payloads in HEO orbit, and ground hardware and software. The integrated system provides robust performance with global, persistent coverage. JPSS ATMS provides global environmental data used in numerical weather prediction models for forecasts, as well as provide space weather observations, search and rescue detection capabilities, and direct read-out and data collection products and services to customers; this information about our planet is vital to our ability to plan, predict, respond, and to protect lives and property like supporting climate research as well as operational weather and storm forecasting for civil, military, and international partners.
• Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field & 14 years of EO/IR PL design and test experience including developing, building, testing, and fielding space based PL systems, OR a Master's Degree in a STEM field & 12 years of EO/IR PL design and test experience including developing, building, testing, and fielding space based PL systems
• 3 years of related Systems Engineering experience
• Direct interface with customer on driving decisions
• Ability to direct decision with limited information and drive issues to resolution
• Strong technical analysis and anomaly/failure investigation experience
• Experience in managing Failure Review Board (FRB) process
• Active& current DoD Secret Clearance
• Master's or PhD in Engineering
• 20+ years of technical engineering experience in PL design and test
• Active TS/SCI Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top