Staff Systems Engineer Architect
- Baltimore, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Staff Systems Engineer Architect with outstanding leadership skills and hands-on experience in development of sensor payloads and complete mission solutions. The Architect will utilize their deep background in Radar, Electronic Warfare (EW), or Electro-Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) technologies to help develop architectures for future multi-function sensors. The Systems Architect will join the Systems Architectures group which provides full life cycle mission systems engineering to captures and programs. This positon is located in Linthicum, Maryland.
This Systems Architect will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, capability simulations, detail trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware, software, firmware, and integration and test specifications.
- Interface with multiple disciplines including customers, internal executive management, program management, hardware, software, and system engineering, procurement, suppliers, and manufacturing. In addition, the applicant must be able to lead, and report progress for requirements documentation, technical risk management, key system performance parameters, and lessons learned.
Role responsibilities include:
- Performing key systems engineering elements to meet a given program's requirements
- Design and develop sensor system architectures
- Define key capabilities and performance requirements
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Perform system performance modeling
- Provide physics level and mission level modeling subject matter expertise;
- Develop thorough definition of system interfaces; and,
- Guide system implementation approaches for operational concepts.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Develops modifications to existing products to meet unique customer needs, and supports/leads the development of next-generation products within a market segment.
- Leads/oversees technical work products developed by the larger engineering team, supporting design reviews and integration and test activities as needed.
- Supports capture activities, including RFI/RFP preparation, customer presentations and live demonstrations, and competitor analysis.
- Maintains knowledge of current and developing technologies and develops strategies for their insertion into both legacy and next-generation sensors
- Responsible for close customer cooperation to ensure that requirements meet customer expectations
- Presentations to customers and senior management and tailored material based on the audience.
Back to top