Staff Systems Engineer - Advanced Programs
- Van Nuys, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Staff Systems Design Engineer at our Northridge, CA facility to join the Advanced Programs team to develop complex, next generation, state of the art missile systems. You will be a member of a high performing, systems engineering team interacting with customers, program management, cross-functional teams of engineers and senior technologists.
The successful candidate will lead and contribute to the technical planning, system concept development, cost and risk analyses for total systems. You will coordinate and participate in the synthesis, design and development of system level concepts. Develop CONOPS and define system capabilities. Translate customer requirements to create and manage system requirements, and specifications. Develop system and subsystem concept technologies that provide advanced system capabilities. Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Key responsibilities include:
• Perform system and sub-system level CONOPS development, requirements definition, multi-segment interface definition and system design activities.
• Perform trade studies and performance assessment of subsystems (includes modeling & simulations)
• Prepare and present subsystems conceptual and preliminary design configurations and performance assessments
• Develop program reports, white papers, and proposals
• Provide technical project management and leadership.
Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
• Current active Secret clearance or higher.
• BS in Engineering (or related) discipline.
•14+ years' experience in systems and product development.
• Background in aerospace systems; basic understanding of aircraft systems, missile systems, missile subsystems and their design drivers.
• Well-versed, skilled and disciplined in systems development and system engineering processes and thorough understanding of all phases of product lifecycle.
• Secret Clearance Periodic Reinvestigation within the last 5 years
• MS in Systems Engineering and 12+ years' experience in systems development
• Working knowledge of low observable technologies
• Working knowledge in survivability analysis
• Familiarity with Operations Analysis - processes, methods, tool sets, and
• Familiarity with MBE, MBSE, MDA, MDAO and other systems analysis methods and tools.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top