Staff Systems Engineer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a leading global provider, manufacturer and integrator of advanced, secure and agile software-defined systems and solutions. We pioneer technology that saves lives and keeps our nation safe. Systems Engineer opportunities are available in three separate disciplines within System Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT).
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking Staff Systems Engineers for the Central Region Engineering and Sciences (E&S) Mission Systems sector. The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office, headquarters for the Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) division.
We want individuals who are creative and think-out-of-the-box to perform end-to-end analysis of mission segments.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- 14 Years with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD
- Experience in data analysis, algorithm development, requirements development, modeling & simulation, or interface development
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to both technical and nontechnical personnel
- Previous experience mentoring junior engineers
- Currently possess a Secret Clearance
- Hypersonic Subject Matter Expert
- Experience leading a team of engineers in developing the Hypersonic BMDS approach
- Air and Missile Defense or Command and Control
- Technical Subject Matter Expert in battle management algorithms, modeling & simulation, system level analysis, sensors, weapons, or communications
- Technical leadership on small programs, research and development efforts, or proposals
- Applying statistical methods to datasets to characterize system behavior and optimize performance
- Wireless point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, and multipoint communication devices and systems
- Database management systems including Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite, and/or MySQL
- Agile Development lifecycle process
- User interface design
- Microsoft Visio
- Proficiency with either MATLAB or Mathematica
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top