Staff Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman's Aerospace Sector is seeking a motivated Staff Systems Engineer to lead modeling, simulation, and analysis activities in the System Engineering & Integration (SE&I) IPT of the Triton Program. This individual will be responsible for identifying strategic context and need areas
Defining scope and spearheading execution within cost and schedule for the Triton Program's Modeling and Simulation (M&S)efforts. Will also definethe direction of M&S activities program-wide, garner appropriate buy-in, and work directly with program, SE&I, IPT leadership and the customer to steer engineering analysis activities. This person will ensure appropriate communications up and down the chain of command including providing management briefings as well as status reports and metrics on the health of the projects
- Creating and implementing a roadmap to fulfill program directive to ensure Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis drive technical decisions and mitigate technical risk across the Systems Engineering V'
- Supervising and leading a group of engineers to plan and execute the Modeling and Simulation, Mission/ Risk Analysis efforts, and Test capability development on all Triton programs
- Allocating resources across programs and ensuring the cost, schedule and technical performance meets each program's statement of work.
Developing and reviewing documentation related to modeling and simulation tool usage, assumptions, and limitations and serve as the technical point of contact for independent Verification, Validation, and Accreditation (VV&A) activities
- Developing Basis-of-Estimate projections for follow-on modeling and simulation efforts, based on expertise and ongoing performance.
Defining key mission performance metrics to help identify capability gaps and support strategic program growth through mission expansion
- Bachelor's Degree ina STEM(e.g. Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Operational Research, or Applied Mathematics) plus a minimum of14 years experience (of which, a minimum of 1 year in team leading roles);12 years with Masters; or9 years with PhD
- Experiencewith Modeling & Simulations / Analysis methodologies and tools/standards (such as MATLAB, STK, OPNET, NSS, DIS, HLA, etc.)
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Working knowledge of various aspects of Unmanned Aerial Systems (air vehicle, ground station, operations, sensor payloads, and/or communications) In depth knowledge of M&S VV&A processes and documentation requirements
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top