Staff Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Staff Engineer works with the Business Area architect to refine system architectures, translate those architectures into requirements and lead product teams in implementing those requirements. The Staff Systems Engineer works with Customers to understand their needs and to translate those needs into product architectures. The Staff Systems Engineer performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and
supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal, as well as, ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. The Staff Systems Engineer performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related STEM degree with a minimum of 14 years of experience in related industry (12 years experience with a MS degree, 9 years experience with PhD)
- Previous experience defining architectures for machine learning systems
- Previous experience leading product teams to implement machine learning systems
- Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintainan Active DoD Secret level security clearance with the willingness and ability to upgrade to a TS/SCI level security clearance.
- Master's Degree or higher in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related STEM degree
- Significant experience defining architectures for machine learning systems
- Significant experience leading product teams to implement machine learning systems
- Experience in leading systems engineering teams working with secure processing
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top