Staff Systems Design Engineer w/ Active Clearance
- Van Nuys, CA
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking a Staff Systems Design Engineer at our Northridge, CA facility to join the Advanced Programs team to develop complex, next generation, state of the art missile systems. You will be a member of a high performing, systems engineering team interacting directly with customers, program management, cross-functional teams of engineers and senior technologists.
The successful candidate will lead and contribute to the technical planning, system design and development, cost and risk analyses for total systems.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Provide technical project management and leadership.
• Lead system and sub-system level CONOPS development, requirements definition, multi-segment interface definition and system design activities.
• Lead trade studies and performance assessment of subsystems (includes modeling & simulations)
• Lead efforts to prepare and present system and subsystems conceptual and preliminary design configurations and performance assessments
• Develop program reports, white papers, and proposals
• Coordinate and participate in the synthesis, design and development of system level concepts and define system capabilities.
• Lead the translation of customer requirements to create system requirements, and specifications.
• Develop system and subsystem concept technologies that provide advanced system capabilities.
• Lead functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
• Secret Clearance (or higher) with Periodic Reinvestigation within the last 5 years.
• BS in STEM discipline.
•14+ years' experience in systems design, to include systems requirements.
• Background in aerospace systems; basic understanding of aircraft systems, missile systems, missile subsystems and their design drivers.
• Well-versed, skilled and disciplined in systems development and system engineering processes and thorough understanding of all phases of product lifecycle.
• Demonstrated experience interacting directly with Government/Military customers to include presentations, white papers, proposals and technical discussions/roundtables.
• MS in Systems Engineering and 12+ years' experience in systems design, to include systems requirements.
• Working knowledge of low observable technologies
• Working knowledge in survivability analysis
• Familiarity with Operations Analysis - processes, methods, tool sets, and
• Familiarity with MBE, MBSE, MDAO and other systems analysis methods and tools.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top