Staff Systems Architect - Model Base Systems Engineer (MBSE)
- Woodland Hills, CA
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Systems Engineering team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Staff
Systems Architect - Model Based Systems Engineer (MBSE) based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
• Serve as the technical authority for MBSE strategy and implementation.
• Act as advisor to management and customers on MBSE practices.
• Coordinate with Program leadership, Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leads and Engineers, Project Engineering Leads and
Functional leadership to ensure the integrity and executability of MBSE.
• Collaborate with the management team (functional engineering, program office, supply chain management, contract, and business management) to deploy processes and metrics per Northrop Grumman Command Media, and to identify any resources required for effective MBSE implementation.
• Ensure that the decisions on technical approaches are aligned with established MBSE plan to achieve optimal technical, schedule, and financial performance.
• Serve as the focal point for definition and control of MBSE requirements for existing and future product development.
• Engage in formal and informal mentoring to support knowledge transfer and talent development.
Acquisition of New Business
• Champion MBSE as a proven solution for schedule optimization, affordability, and more predictable technical performance.
• Develop deep and enduring Customer relationships by working closely with them and understanding their needs.
• Prepare and present briefings, concept papers and proposals to Customers and Northrop Grumman leadership to develop new
business opportunities and satisfy customer MBSE requirements.
• Control and optimizes the product and process over its life-cycle by continuing to develop or further enhance the MBSE architectural framework.
• Conduct cost-benefit trade-offs and analyses to assess implementation of MBSE on new product development initiatives.
• Implement metrics and data-driven decision making to track and improve MBSE efficiency and effectiveness.
Back to top