Staff Systems Architect
- Linthicum Heights, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In this rapidly changing global security environment, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic and tactical planning and execution. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support your goals for expanding your personal network and developing your skills. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Staff Systems Engineer Architect with outstanding leadership skills and hands-on experience in development of sensor payloads and complete mission solutions. The Systems Architect will utilize their deep background in RADAR, Electronic Warfare (EW), or Electro-Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) technologies to help develop architectures for future multi-function sensors, and upgrades to current systems. The Systems Architect will join the Systems Architectures group, which provides full life cycle mission systems engineering to captures and programs. This position is located in Linthicum, Maryland.
This Systems Architect will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, capability simulations, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware, software, firmware, and integration and test specifications.
- Interfacing with multiple disciplines, including customers, internal executive management, program management, hardware, software, system engineering, procurement, suppliers, and manufacturing. In addition, the applicant must be able to lead, and report progress for requirements documentation, technical risk management, key system performance parameters, and lessons learned.
Role responsibilities include:
- Performing key systems engineering elements to meet a given program's requirements
- Designing and developing sensor system architectures
- Defining key capabilities and performance requirements
- Performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Performing system performance modeling
- Providing physics level and mission level modeling subject matter expertise
- Developing thorough definition of system interfaces
- Guiding system implementation approaches for operational concepts
- Ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Developing modifications to existing products to meet unique customer needs, and supporting / leading the development of next-generation products within a market segment
- Leading / overseeing technical work products developed by the larger engineering team, supporting design reviews and integration and test activities as needed
- Supporting capture activities, including RFI/RFP preparation, customer presentations and live demonstrations, and competitor analysis
- Responsibility for close customer cooperation to ensure that requirements meet customer expectations
- Providing presentations to customers and senior management, with tailored material based on the audience
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) with at least 14 years of professional experience in a related area; 12 years of experience with a Master's degree; 9 years with a PhD
- US Citizenship with an active DoD Secret clearance (required)
- Experience with one or more of the following topics
- RADAR Systems Engineering
- RADAR Antenna Design / Development
- Electronic Warfare or SIGINT systems
- Electro-Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) systems
- Embedded systems
- Relevant Algorithm development
- Previous MATLAB experience
- Active Top Secret, or TS/SCI clearance with counter-intelligence polygraph
- Leadership experience with development and/or production program execution
- High proficiency in technical problem solving; to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring
- Multi-disciplined knowledge in areas related to engineering including systems design, hardware, software and firmware design, integration and test
- RF, RADAR, EW, or EO/IR technology background with sensors development and implementation experience.
Back to top