Staff Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist
- Redondo Beach, CA
Global Supply Chain
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems Division has an opening for a Staff Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist (Level 5) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Staff Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist (Administrator) (Level 5) will be expected to:
- Sources and procures specialized goods and services within a Subcontract Management Team (SMT)
- Owns contractual management for the supplier.
- Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers.
- Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users.
- Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services.
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards (issues purchase orders or subcontracts through MRP system), and administers resulting subcontracts.
- Responsible for source selection from RFP to execution to closeout phases.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations.
- Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & receiving inspection so proper receipt is recorded for deliverables
- Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
Back to top