Staff Structural Loads Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Staff Loads Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Redondo Beach, CA.
As a Staff Loads Engineer you will:
- provide support to airframe loads and aircraft applications
- lead the definition, analysis, and application of structural design criteria and resulting airframe loads for various aerospace projects
- be responsible for flight loads (steady state maneuvers,abrupt maneuvers, gust response, control surface hinge moments, and aero-elastic effects); ground loads (ground handling conditions and dynamic landing conditions); and miscellaneous loads(canopy, doors, pressurization, engine mount, external store, tie-down, and aerial refueling)
- generate and document structural design criteria and create design loads
- collect the data required to build analysis models, conduct static and dynamic simulations, interpret and report the results.
- participate in aircraft development program activities and will coordinate with other engineering disciplines for analysis inputs, design implementation details, documentation of results and interfacing with customers
- be responsible for performing analyses using commercial and in-house codes and providing solutions to a variety of loads and dynamics related technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline from an ABET accredited university with 14 years of relevant professional experience, OR a Masters of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant technical discipline from an ABET accredited university with 12 years of relevant professional experience, OR a PhD in Mechanical Engineering or relevant technical discipline from an ABET accredited university with 9 years of relevant professional experience
- Expertise in commercial software such as NASTRAN, ZERO, ZONAIR, FEMAP/PATRAN and MATLAB for flutter, gust, ASE, and loads analyses
- Minimum of 10 years' experience producing flight and/or ground loads, and practical experience building analysis models to conduct static and dynamic simulations, interpret, and report results.
-Active DOD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top