Staff Software Engineer - TS/SCI
- Redondo Beach, CA
Northrop Grumman is a pioneering company. We design, develop, build and support some of the world's most advanced products, from cutting-edge aircraft and next-generation spacecraft to unrivaled cyber security systems and all-seeing radars.
Whether it's making a 200 ton airplane invisible, predicting cyber-attacks before they happen or solving the mysteries of the universe, wherever the boundaries of possible are being pushed, Northrop Grumman is there.
For 60 years, Northrop Grumman has anticipated the future of military space. From the launch pad to orbit, we deliver everything from missile systems to spacecraft to launch and command and control systems. We are dedicated to providing strategic defense, secure and reliable communications, robust missile warning and advanced space situational awareness to support our customers.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Staff Software Engineer with the Software Engineering organization based out of Redondo Beach, CA.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines overall system and user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
Candidates should have academic and work experience in software engineering and development across the full life cycle for multiple domains and systems such as aerospace programs, embedded systems, test set/special test equipment, ground system applications, or full stack development. Candidate should have experience working in a process oriented environment utilizing waterfall, spiral, or agile processes. Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong team building skills, and be comfortable working on large teams with talented engineering from other engineering disciplines. Candidate will also provide technical leadership for more junior team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline
- Minimum of 14 years software development experience OR 12 years with a Master's Degree OR 9 years with PhD
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept. of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
- OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- OR Dept. of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Expert level skills in multiple programming languages including C,C++,C#, Java, or Python
- Significant experience across the full life cycle including software systems architecture development, requirements definition and analysis, OO development, code and unit test, systems integration and test
- Technical leadership experience in aerospace programs, embedded systems, test set software, ground systems applications, database design, or full stack development
Back to top