Staff Software Engineer - Product Line Lead
- Redondo Beach, CA
The Payload and Ground Systems division of Northrop Grumman Space Systems wants you to join our team as a Staff Software Engineer - Product Line Lead. The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Consolidated Operations and Anomaly Support Team (COAST) is looking for a highly motivated, highly engaged Product Line Lead (PLL). The successful candidate will work closely with the Software Assistant Program Manager (APM), Software Deputy APM, and the Software Subproject Managers (SPMs). PLL will be responsible for directing all aspects of the software tasking for both the ESCE and SCE software baselines from inception through completion. The successful candidate will be responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance each of the software baselines.
Duties will include:
- Oversee SW design, test, delivery, and maintenance of multiple software baselines in support of each product line
- Manage and coordinate with Software staff, subcontractor personnel, COAST IPT leads, E1 site personnel, Customer, and Tech Support
- Coordinate with development program SW management and SE&I (activation team) management
- Manage anomaly resolutions, and report status to project management and customer representatives at bi-weekly meetings with the customer
- Make recommendations to streamline long term maintenance activities
- Technical oversight of Information Assurance of security compliance requirements
- Support organic growth proposals (including CROMs & ECPs) and the authoring of corresponding TD/BOEs
- 14 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; 12 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 9 years of relevant experience with a PhD; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Proficiency in one or more of the following software development languages: C++, Java, C
- Current SCI required or at least a DoD TS Clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access by start date
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical, and decision making skills
- Excellent communication, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively interface with all technical and management levels
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Prior knowledge of Mission 1 programs is a definite plus
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Back to top