Staff Software Engineer - Measurement Workstation Lead (TS and/or SCI)
- Manhattan Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Measurement Workstation (MWS) Lead position is a combination of software development and technical/management leadership. The candidate needs to have a comprehensive software development background, extensive digital signal processing (DSP) experience, strong analytical skills, and leadership skills including tasking/managing a team, managing a cost account in a Earned Value Management System, collaborating with stakeholders, excellent communication skills, and interacting with the program customer.
Candidates should have academic and work experience in software engineering and development across the full life cycle for multiple domains and systems such as aerospace programs, embedded systems, test set/special test equipment, ground system applications, or full stack development. Candidate should have experience working in a process oriented environment utilizing waterfall, spiral, or agile processes. Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong team building skills, and be comfortable working on large teams with talented engineering from other engineering disciplines. Candidate will also provide technical leadership for more junior team members.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems has an opening to join our team as a Staff Software Engineer with the Software Engineering organization based out of Redondo Beach, CA.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline
- Minimum of 14 years software development experience OR 12 years with a Master's Degree OR 9 years with PhD
- Digital signal processing experience
- Proven SW programming skills (C/C++)
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept. of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years OR Dept. of Energy Q clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Fortran & Python experience
- Payload test set experience
- Background in test set HW
- X-Midas experience
Back to top