Staff Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people - who make everything we do possible.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Software Engineer based out of Huntsville, Alabama.
What You'll get to Do:
- Participate in the entire lifecycle of software development from requirements definition to integration & deployment
- Apply "systems thinking" to ensure our products are scalable, maintainable, and meet end-user needs
- Communicate openly and effectively with teammates and customer representatives
Our Software Engineers push the boundaries of possibilities. We can't afford to fail. We are looking for innovative team members who use solid judgment, think strategically and bring passion for what we do. If you've been looking for your next career move and wanting an organization where you have freedom to innovate, grow and fully leverage your recruiting acumen, then apply today!
- Basic Qualifications for a Staff Software Engineer requires 14 years with Bachelor of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD.
- Experience developing software in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, or Ada.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with technical teams.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
- Experience analyzing complex problems and developing solutions.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with the Missile Defense and Sense & Warn based systems.
- Experience with international sensors and fire control systems.
- Development utilizing a Linux based development environment.
- Knowledge of various scripting languages and tools: Python, MATLAB, etc. - Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
- Proven communications skills with armed services & government customer. - Active Secret (or above) Security Clearance.
- Sec+ Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top