Staff Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Staff Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines overall system and user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
Candidates should have academic and work experience in software engineering and development across the full life cycle for multiple domains and systems such as aerospace programs, embedded systems, test set/special test equipment, ground system applications, or full stack development. Candidate should have experience working in a process oriented environment utilizing waterfall, spiral, or agile processes. Candidates should also have strong verbal and written communication skills, strong team building skills, and be comfortable working on large teams with talented engineering from other engineering disciplines. Candidate will also provide technical leadership for more junior team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline
- Minimum of 14 years software development experience OR 12 years with aMaster's Degree OR 9 years with PhD
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Expert level skills in multiple programming languages including C,C++,C#, Java, or Python
- Significant experience across the full life cycle including software systems architecture development, requirements definition and analysis, OO development, code and unit test, system integration and test
- Technical leadership experience in aerospace programs, embedded systems, test set software, ground systems applications, database design, or full stack development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top