Staff Program Planning Scheduling Analyst - San Diego, CA
- San Diego, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Provides expertise and oversight for all scheduling efforts and schedule baselines
- Provide site schedulers with day to day hands on support, guidance, troubleshooting, and satisfying programmatic requirements
- Project management including managing multiple priorities against ambitious timelines
- Function as a change agent, creating an environment of trust, compliance, continuous improvement and learning
- Support/coordinate internal and external surveillance audits
- Ensure full compliance with corporate policies, with particular focus on implementation of the NGAS Earned Value Management System
- Provide support to bids, bid reviews, and internal projects
- Advise business managers in integrating project schedules with Earned Value Management
- Support integrated baseline reviews
- Advise on integrated project master reports
- Attend site business management meetings to define schedule needs and work with Sector Scheduling management on resource allocation needs
- Assist Sector scheduling group in evaluating goals and objectives for site schedulers
- Perform in a fast paced, frequently changing, and demand driven environment
- Problem solving and decision making requiring excellent communication skills
- Travel 10%, as required
- Bachelor's degree with 15 years of hands-on experience in Program Planning / Scheduling utilizing Microsoft Project or similar scheduling software OR a Master's degree with 13 years of experience.
- Demonstration of a strong understanding of project management and earned-value management principles and their application to complex projects.
- Experience in applying integrated cost/schedule and critical path methodologies within an Earned Value (EVMS) environment
- Experience in a DOD manufacturing or engineering development environment.
- Familiarity with Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR) requirements
- Experience leading teams
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs (MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word).
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the time.
- Familiarity with Earned Value tools (MPM, Cobra, etc.)
- Experience using a Monte Carlo schedule risk simulator such as Oracle Primavera Risk Analyzer
- Familiarity with the NDIA's Planning and Scheduling Excellence Guide.
- Experience in Aerospace and/or Defense programs
- Current, active Top Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top