Staff Process Management Mission Assurance Engineer
- San Dimas, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Mission Assurance Engineer to join our talented team in Azusa, CA. This role will collaborate and interface with program management, contracts, engineering, facilities, subcontracts/procurement, business, manufacturing, and all functional management organizations to ensure Process requirements are within compliance at the site. The key role will be the single point of contact for Process Management and Compliance for command media efforts within Mission Assurance and the Azusa Campus functional organizations. A successful candidate will be responsible for developing a foundation for effective communication and execution. The candidate should also have knowledge in agile product development. As part of their roles and responsibilities, the expected candidate shall oversee documentation updates through the Process Control Boards, generate process maps, facilitate process changes that are implemented through Corrective Action Boards, understand engineering and development processes as well as infrastructure required to enable those processes, operate as a consultant to organizations outside of Mission Assurance and provide training regarding process management and self-governance.
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM Field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
• 14+ years of combined experience within engineering, quality assurance, and process management
• Experience with command media structure, process architecture, change management, and data management
• Ability to coach and mentor process owners and points of contact regarding process management and improvements
• Knowledge of CMMI & AS9100
• Understanding of space & defense program processes
• Ability to create schedules, plans, logs, and web sites using MS Office
• Ability to obtain & maintain a DoD Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship required)
• Master's Degree or Bachelor's degree in Systems/Software/Hardware engineering
• 6+ years of experience within a space/defense atmosphere
• Six Sigma Green/Black belt certified
• AS9100 certified
• Experience achieving CMMI high maturity level ratings
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top