Staff Mission Assurance Engineer (Redondo Beach, CA)
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems is seeking a talented Staff Mission Assurance Engineer to join the Resiliency & Rapid Prototyping (R&RP) Mission Assurance (MA) team within Space Systems Division in Redondo Beach, CA.
In support of Rapid Development Space Programs, the Staff Mission Assurance Engineer will act as a program MA Lead. The program MA Lead will have multiple responsibilities across the entire program lifecycle and interface with various levels of program and customer team members and leadership. The program MA Lead defines and monitors the mission assurance program specifications and processes to ensure mission success of the program. Performs or assures quality, risk management, safety, reliability and maintainability of program achievements, subcontractors, and suppliers in accordance with contractual requirements. Assesses program performance and risks, and determines resources to ensure mission assurance. Is responsible for mission assurance task delegation, coordinating staffing, and establishing and controlling budgets. Support future R&RP program captures and proposal efforts in developing program MA strategy, task descriptions, and basis of estimates.
The program MA Lead ensures Mission and Quality Assurance support throughout the development, review, delivery, and maintenance cycles for program SDRL deliverables, internal plans, Gate Reviews, and risk-based process audits. Collaborates with the extended R&RP MA team and program management teams to define, gather, evaluate, and effectively present process and quality metrics, as applicable, in support of efficiencies, effectiveness, and continuous improvements for current and future Rapid Development Programs.
- B achelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- 14 years experience in an engineering discipline
- Demonstrated written and verbal interpersonal, communication skills and confidence to brief senior management
- Previous experience/background in Quality and/or Mission Assurance principles
- Current and active DoD Top Secret/SSBI and/or active SCI
- Master's Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- Previous Rapid Development Program experience
- Record of increasing responsibility and leadership supporting manufacturing, electrical, mechanical, and Integration & Test engineering organizations
- Experience or understanding across multiple functions of Mission Assurance to include: supplier assurance, subcontracts, mechanical and electrical manufacturing, integration & test, and software assurance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top