Staff Lead SMT Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing our whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only a part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Lead Engineer for Communication Supplier Management Team (SMT) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
- Coordinating and managing the execution of all phases of supplier performance, including planning, proposals, new capability development, production testing, deliveries, and sustainment
- Coordinating efforts of the supplier management team with engineers, the subcontracts administrator, supplier quality a ssurance representatives, logistics engineers, the cost account manager, the scheduler, and the material planner
- Conducting or coordinating review of supplier documentation (e.g., technical evaluations of proposals, acceptance test procedures, cost and schedule reports, software version description documents)
- Reporting supplier status to Program Managers, GSC managers, and IPT Management
- Travel is expected to support the position, up to 50% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 14 years of Engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline with 12 years of Engineering experience OR a PhD in a STEM discipline with 9 years of Engineering experience.
- Experience with supplier management
- Active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance, adjudicated within the last five years, with the ability to obtain Special Program Access
- Experience in Communications, sensors, payloads and System Engineering with Autonomous Vehicles or Aerospace Systems.
- Experience in Earned Value Management, CAM responsibilities, and Proposal Development.
- Experience coordinating and managing the execution of all phases of supplier performance, including planning, proposals, new capability development, production, testing, deliveries, and sustainment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate across program level (management, chief engineers, engineers, and technical leads), and negotiate / integrate different viewpoints.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top