Staff Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) - Polygraph
- Annapolis Junction, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman is a pioneering company. Every day, we design, develop, build and support some of the world's most advanced products, from cutting-edge aircraft and next-generation spacecraft to unrivaled cyber security systems and all-seeing radars. Our employees engage in questioning, problem solving, designing and building our way toward Defining Possible. Defining Possible tells the story of a company leading the way. It's an ethos that is future-driving and optimistic. It is a rallying cry and a uniting call. It is a shared purpose for our employees and a promise to our customers that we'll rise to any challenge.
If you are looking for a challenging and dynamic work environment with access to experts in virtually every field, culture that focuses on supporting employees and opportunities that provide stability while offering variety, Northrop is the right place for you.
At Northrop Grumman, you will have access to a wealth of training and mentoring resources to include: technical courses, certifications, bootcamps, tuition assistance, and specialized training programs tailored to meet the demands of our customers and advance your career. Northrop Grumman is a Top 50 Diversity Employer ranking #1 for veterans and people with disabilities in 2019 and also received the Gold Award for Military Friendly companies in 2020. For more information on the benefits of Northrop Grumman click on the link below:
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking Information Systems Security Officers (ISSO) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction. Our security professionals support a wide range of systems and programs to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of key infrastructure. Must be able to communicate effectively with ISSM and Systems Administrators.
Adversaries, cybercriminals and cyber terrorists, are working every hour of every day to develop new means to compromise networks, to seize valuable intellectual property and personal data, and to gain an advantage on the digital battlefield. At Northrop Grumman, our mission is to see to it that they fail. Speed, stealth and precision - keys to controlling the physical domains of land, sea, air and space - are imperatives in controlling the cyber domain. We are defining possible every day based on these imperatives and are committed to providing the most advanced protection for our customers against the rapidly evolving cyber threat spectrum.
Educational / Years of experience required:
• BS Degree in a STEM field is required. An additional 4 years of experience on projects with similar processes may be substituted in lieu of degree.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
• 14+ years of relevant cyber security/information assurance experience.
• CompTIA Security + CE Certification (or to be willing to obtain within the first 6 months of employment, potentially at own cost)
• Experience working with NIST 800.53, NIST RMF
• Experience working in a continuous monitoring environment
• Experience leading projects or teams
Security Clearance: US Citizenship with active TS/SCI w/Polygraph
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
• DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 3 is highly preferred (CISSP and CISSP-ISSEP)
• Familiarity with Splunk
• Experience working with NIST 800.53
• Master's degree in a technical or security discipline with 10 years of experience. 4 years of additional cyber security or information assurance experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Experience with Cybersecurity tools (XACTA, ACAS, Nessus, HBSS, etc.)
• Experience creating or implementing RMF deliverables (POA&M, SCTM, STIG test plans, etc.)
• Experience in providing security support in a Linux/Unix environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top