Staff Hardware Subsystem Design Engineer
- Baltimore, MD
Northrop Grumman Missions Systems is seeking experienced engineers in the following areas:
Antennas, Electromagnetics, Computational Electromagnetics, RF/Microwave design, Digital beam-forming, Hardware/ Subsystem Integration and Test, and Antenna Control Design.
The qualified candidate will work with a diverse and talented team of engineers developing innovative and cost-effective systems that support a broad range of products and business areas across the lifecycle of a program. Responsibilities may include development of antenna architectures, receiver / exciter architectures, requirements generation/flow down; subsystem analysis including hardware from RF to digits, performance modeling, support for performance testing, requirements verification, and more.
Experienced applicants will have at least a Bachelor's Degree in Science or other related technical degree and have experience designing, developing and/or testing radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave antenna systems and/or related RF hardware.
In addition, this candidate should have demonstrated technical ability/leadership and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Active electronically scanned arrays (AESAs)
- Highly integrated subsystems including antenna hardware
- Reflectors, Reflect Arrays, Digital Beam Forming
- Antenna/RF Performance Analysis
- Computational Electromagnetics, Statistics
- Antenna or Subsystem Control Design
- Antenna Measurements and Data Reduction
- Antenna range integration, test, and system integration
- Subsystem requirements (hardware and software) derivation, flow-down, and configuration
Basic Qualifications Staff Engineer:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline with 15 years of experience in the areas described in the job description or 12 years of experience with a Master's Degree
- Staff Engineers should have a demonstrated ability in technical and team leadership overseeing engineers with experience at least at the Principal level.
- Ability to Obtain and Maintain and Active Secret Clearance.
- Experience using Matlab
Back to top