Staff Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer
- West Valley City, UT
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Northrop Grumman's Space Systems is seeking an a Staff level Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer (Safety Operations Specialist) to join the Propulsion Systems organization at our located in Bacchus (Magna), UT facility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to coordination of all Bacchus plant process change for review and approval, including OSCR. OSCB, PPCB, and RB. Coordinates PPCB/RB review and approval of new programs and processes. Assists with preparation of presentations, conducts meetings, documents actions and tracks to closure. Coordinates annual HOPS, NG, and PSM Corporate audits. Participates in corporate audits at other NG locations. Serves on the PPCB. Other duties include but are not limited to Operational Readiness Inspection (ORI) Team Chairman, Coordinates the Propulsion Systems Corporate Safety Action Plan (SAP). Material Compatibility Team member, Process Safety Management (PSM) subject matter expert, Special Projects Team Lead, and some safety engineer duties as needed. Serves as deputy to the Safety Manager and Energetic Safety
Other Job Duties may include:
- Promote and maintain a high level of safety consciousness among employees to instill a safety culture in the workforce
- Work with internal and external customers including Navy, NASA, and others to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local rules and regulations related to safety and health
- Perform worksite audits, inspections, and evaluations on the operating floor
- Assist in design reviews for new and modified facilities, processes, equipment, and tooling for safety-regulated compliance to help ensure the safety of the employees and the process
- Provide guidance to operations, maintenance, and manufacturing engineering groups on machine safety controls, guarding, and safe operating procedures.
- Assist in accident/incident investigation to help determine root cause and corrective actions
- Perform monitoring for potential health hazards in the workplace including: Chemical, Particulate, Noise, Ventilation, Heat Stress, Ergonomic, etc. Perform Industrial Hygiene assessments for new chemicals (e.g., determine appropriate precautions and PPE requirements, etc.)
Back to top