Staff Engr RF Microwave Dsgn
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is looking for a Staff Engr RF Microwave Design (RF Microwave Design Staff Engineer 5) to join the Electronics and Payloads' RF and Mixed Signal Products (RFMS) Department. RFMS is an organization of 170 plus engineers and technicians that develops custom mixed signal ICs and MMIC components, leveraging them to develop units and subsystems for a variety of space and air progams. RF core competencies include, narrowband and wideband low noise amplifiers, high linearity mixers, power amplifiers, multipliers, passive filters/components, modulators, frequency sources, upconverters, downconverters operating at microwave, millimeterwave and sub-millimeterwave frequencies. Mixed Signal specialties include A/D, DAC and custom System on Chip applications.
The successful candidate will be able to perform the following essential functions:
- RF and/or Mixed Signal hardware design and analysis to include
- Electrical trades and architecture studies
- Coordination among multiple disciplines to balance requirements
- Detailed electrical design, supporting prototype and final hardware build & test
- Tolerance and stability analysis and test data analysis for respective hardware designs
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 14 years of engineering experience in RF or Mixed Signal Design with a Bachelor's Degree OR a Master's Degreewith 12 years of experience OR a PhD with 10 years of experience
- RF/MS unit, RF/MS slice, RF/MS module/IMA, and/or RF/MS board design and development experience
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to partner across organizations and programs
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Electromagnetics
- Experience with electronic RF design for airborne and space applications
- Experience leading a team of over 5 employees
- Electronics design development and sustaining experience spanning initial concept to product delivery
- Experience with ADS or Microwave Office, Cadence, Sonnet and HFSS software applications
- Experience supporting bid & proposal activities
- Familiarity with electrical design, electronics manufacturing processes and qualification activities
- Be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years, OR have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top