Staff Engineer Systems Test
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Staff Laboratory Systems Test Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
Laboratory System Test Engineer synthesizes customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints. Develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for completing systems.
• Perform requirements analysis and decomposition including developing derived requirements as needed to test the system .
• Develop test equipment and simulation requirements .
• Support Systems engineering to develop Verification Cross Reference Matrices .
• Develop Test Planning Detail Sheets .
• Develop Test Plans and Detailed Procedures .
• Support Test Equipment Checkout and System Integration .
• Support Test Execution as First Line Troubleshooter .
• Perform as the hardware responsible engineer for the subsystem under test.
• Perform technical interactions with the system test team to ensure system requirements are being verified.
• Write Test Reports
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 14+ years of systems test experience OR
- Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 12+ years of systems test experience OR
- Doctorate Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9+ years of systems test experience.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- Active U.S. Government security clearance at the DoD Secret or Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
- Experience in several of the following areas is required: air vehicle lab testing, flight controls testing in lab environment, leadership experience; systems development experience; knowledge of architectures, Mission Systems, Mission Planning, Communications, Data links, Computer networks, Sensors, Avionics, COTS hardware, Integration, and/or Test.
- Experience testing manned or unmanned aircraft (via labs, ground or flight testing) or similar system test experience
- Knowledge of automated software testing methodologies and processes
Demonstrated ability to meet very short deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated the ability to lead timely resolution of technical issues by leveraging the appropriate mix of resources.
Knowledge of the following tools, DOORS®, ViTech CORE, Fundamentals of Systems Engineering, VISIO®, CPLM, and Automated Testing (Python, C++, Java).
- Lab Test experience with air vehicle testing, Failure Modes and Effects (FMET), vehicle management system testing, fuel, flight controls testing, or actuator testing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top