Staff Engineer Systems - Supportability
- Redondo Beach, CA
Thirty years ago, the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber took flight, raising the bar not only for aviation but for the future of global power projection. Today, Northrop Grumman continues to raise the bar, achieving world firsts and outpacing our competition. Our employees have unparalleled opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space, impacting people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. We want the best and the brightest talent, such as yourself, to join us in that journey. Help us promote and protect the freedom of people and democracies across the globe. Make the impossible possible with your bold new ideas, courage and pioneering spirit. Advance human discovery and our understanding of the universe as we shape the future around a world of cognitive diversity and intellectual curiosity. If you are the kind of person that strives to be at the tip of the spear, driving the future of technology, and shaping the course of history, then consider joining Northrop Grumman.
But don't just come to Northrop Grumman for the impactful, meaningful work-come here because we value our employees and treat them like family. Come here because our employees enjoy an unmatched work-life balance. Come here because it isn't just a job-it's your career, and we want to help you take it to the next level.
Our Aerospace Systems Survivability Department is looking for LO Engineers to help us shape the future of the sector, the company, and our customers. In this role, you will be asked to work LO design, integration, and supportability. Your responsibilities may include any or all of the following:
- Perform Supportability Reediness assessments (SRA) of low to mid TRL systems/technology
- Oversee LO repair and maintenance techniques and operation, perform LO inspections, and verifications (Tier-0-2)
- Perform and lead LO materials and logistical support in the field.
- Apply previous experiences in design, fabrication, indoor and outdoor test, and data post-processing to verify survivability designs for survivable edge systems and components
- Lead a diverse group of junior LO Engineers from a variety of backgrounds toward a single goal. Translate overall system or company goals into discrete tasks in support of that goal, often guiding or steering the team toward the completion of the tasks. Share your knowledge and expertise with junior engineers to help them grow in their career.
- Communicate across the engineering disciplines and technology areas to integrate capabilities, and communicate technical capabilities and analyses with internal stakeholders and external customers (government customers and company leadership).
- BS Degree in a STEM discipline with 14 years of relevant experience; OR MS Degree with 12 years of experience; OR PhD with 9 years of experience
- Familiarity with current LO repair and maintenance techniques and operations
- Proficiency with LO inspection and verification technologies (Tier-0-2)
- Knowledge with LO material systems and logistics/support required for use in the field.
- Effective project management skills, strong leadership qualities, and good communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance
- Experience with RCS data processing tools, such as Knowbell or Pioneer (highly desired)
- Experience proposing and running successful R&D efforts to develop survivable components and technology, including budget, schedule, tasking, and review of technical products
- Experience with in-house or commercial Method of Moments codes such as SENTRi or HFSS
- Experience working with model fabrication teams and test facilities
- Experience with Tier-3-5 Inspection techniques and technology
- Prior experience in related survivability components such as propulsion and airframe technologies
- Project lead/management experience
- Knowledge of domain specific radar principles, including signal processing, target acquisition, target tracking, resource management, discrimination, and battle management interfaces
- Technical leadership experience, translating stakeholder or customer requirements into executable project plans and managing to successful completion
- Military aircraft maintainer experience
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with SSBI, or Active DoD Top Secret with SCI
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top