Staff Engineer Systems Security
- Linthicum Heights, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware-enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation safe from
Undersea to Space and Cyberspace.
Northrop Grumman System Security Engineering (SSE) team is seeking a systems thinker with good leadership skills and hands-on experience implementing system security architectures requirements for a complete mission security solutions.
This position is looking for a candidate with an understanding of embedded hardware for a security architecture for embedded subsystems with multi-function sensors.
This position requires the ability to understand a system architecture and determine how to document mission critical functions and components and the protections using Anti-Tamper Techniques and/or the Risk Management Framework (RMF) as building blocks to design a holistic security solution. This includes an understanding of securing interfaces into and out of the system in order to protect the mission without jeopardizing system performance. The candidate will be responsible for assisting in technical planning, system integration support, as well as, verification and validation for System Security efforts deploying Anti-Tamper and Cybersecurity techniques. The candidate will assist with SSE efforts on development programs, and report progress for requirements documentation, tasks execution, and lessons learned.
The candidate will be an individual contributor on efforts at all instances of the product development life cycle to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
Role responsibilities include:
- Performing key systems engineering elements to meet a given program's requirements
- Assist with the design and develop system security architectures
- Assist with the definition of key capabilities and performance requirements
- Perform detail trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to assist with the translation of customer requirements into hardware and software specifications as they pertain to system security
- Develop an understanding of system interfaces and how to protect them
- Assist with ensuring the product requirements integrate into the total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Develops modifications to existing products to meet unique customer needs, and supports/leads the development of system security functions
- Support technical work products developed by the larger engineering team, supporting design reviews and integration and test activities as needed.
- Present solutions to customers and senior management using tailored material based on the audience.
- B.S Degree in a STEM discipline Science, Technology, Engineering, Math with 14 years related work experience OR MS Degree in a STEM discipline and 12 years related work experience) OR PhD with 9 years related work experience
- Strong knowledge of Systems Engineering for Platform or Embedded systems (SW/HW/SE design and implementation)
- Experience making technical presentations to internal IPTs
- Demonstrably great writing skills; ability to write final-version deliverable technical documents and reports
- Strong knowledge of vulnerabilities in a system design utilizing system security engineering or the ability design potential solutions to protect mission critical functions and critical components
- Active DoD Secret clearance or higher is required
- Ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS (10% or less)
- Anti-Tamper experience and experience working with Government AT agencies
- Advanced degrees in Engineering, Software, or Science
- Leadership experience with development and/or production program execution
- Moderate proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring.
- Multi-disciplined knowledge in areas related to engineering including systems design, hardware, software and firmware design, integration and test.
- At least 3 years' experience making technical presentations to internal and external customers
- US Citizenship with an active DoD Top Secret clearance with prior SAP
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top