Staff Engineer Systems (Program Deputy Chief Engineer) **CURRENT/ACTIVE CLEARANCE REQUIRED**
- Van Nuys, CA
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems in Northridge, CA is currently seeking a Staff Systems Engineer w/ a current/active clearance to support our Advanced Programs group. In this role, the selected candidate will be the Program Deputy Chief Engineer.
In this role as a Staff Engineer / Deputy Chief Engineer, the selected candidate will join a staff of Chief Engineers that support program execution of ongoing development activities, and new business capture. In this position you will support the Chief Engineer of a large weapon development program in the technical oversight of the program and the allocation and coordination of engineering resources over an IPT structure. You will lead the development and execution of technical reviews. You will partner with IPT leads to achieve efficient, effective, and innovative Engineering solutions, including subsystem and supporting technology development, achieving program success and looking for opportunities to leverage common design and products enabling rapid development and affordable solutions.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Provide technical project management and leadership a cross functional team engineers developing advanced systems designs and concepts.
• Interfacing with IPT leads to ensure program technical requirements and schedule are met
• Introduce and develop new technologies for concepts and designs of advanced systems
• Develop architectures and concepts for autonomous systems and subsystems including flight sensors, flight computers, communications, propulsion, payloads and air vehicles
• Interfacing with the design and implementation engineers and architects to ensure that robust and compliant designs are developed
• Current active Secret clearance or higher.
• Secret Clearance Periodic Reinvestigation within the last 5 years
• BS in Engineering (or related) discipline
• 14+ years' experience in systems and product development
• Demonstrated technical leadership skills
• Well-versed, skilled and disciplined in system engineering processes.
• Background in aerospace systems; basic understanding of aircraft systems, missile systems, avionics, software systems, and their design drivers
• Working knowledge of Low Observable technologies
• Familiarity with operational and system survivability analyses and methodologies
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top