Staff Engineer Systems (Advanced Programs Deputy Chief Engineer)
- Van Nuys, CA
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems in Northridge, CA is currently seeking a Staff Systems Engineer w/ a current/active clearance to support our Advanced Programs group. In this role, the selected candidate will be the Advanced Programs Deputy Chief Engineer.
The qualified candidate will join a staff of Chief Engineers that support program execution of ongoing development activities, and new business capture. You will partner with program management leads to achieve efficient, effective, and innovative Engineering solutions, including product and technology development, achieving program success and looking for opportunities to leverage common designs & products to enable affordable solutions.
In this position you will also, support the Advanced Programs Chief Engineer in the technical oversight of Advanced Programs IR&D and contracted efforts. Assists in the allocation and coordination of engineering resources over Advanced Programs portfolio of projects. Acts as liaison between engineering functional management and program management. Generates, manages and reviews technical and cost proposals for technology and product development pursuits.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Introduce and develop new technologies for concepts and designs of advanced systems
• Develop architectures and concepts for autonomous systems and subsystems including flight sensors, flight computers, communications, propulsion, payloads and air vehicles
• Interfacing with the design and implementation engineers and architects to ensure that robust and compliant designs are developed
• Technical project management and leadership for small teams of cross functional engineers developing advanced systems designs and concepts
• Development of proposals for technology and product development
Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
• Current active Secret clearance or higher.
• Secret Clearance Periodic Reinvestigation within the last 5 years
• BS in Engineering (or related) discipline
• 14+ years' experience in systems and product development
• Well-versed, skilled and disciplined in system engineering processes.
• Background in aerospace systems; basic understanding of aircraft systems, missile systems, avionics, software systems, and their design drivers
• Working knowledge of Low Observable technologies
• Familiarity with operational and system survivability analyses and methodologies
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top