Staff Engineer Systems
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Staff Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected individual will lead Space Vehicle Data Systems system engineering efforts, perform CAM duties, develop updates and maintain the Data Systems subsystem specification, Intra Command & Data Handling (CDH) ICD, develop CDH verification and validation plan, and support vehicle and unit level data systems development, production, verification and validation efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)discipline from and ABET accredited institution with 14+ years of engineering experienceOR
- Master's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited institution with 12+ years of engineering experience
- Active SSBI security clearance is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under limited direction within the scope of an assignment and use independent judgment in determining methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to lead working groups and technical interchange meetings.
- Exceptional analytical problem solver and systems-level thinker.
- Academic and work experience should include the support of several of the following disciplines: space vehicle data systems design and analysis, functional analysis of requirements, design/integration and test, trade studies, performance analysis, interface control, and project management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top