Staff Engineer Software
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Staff Engineer Software MME Lead for its Manhattan Beach location.
The selected candidate will provide day to day technical direction and mentorship for the Mission Management Execution (MME) team, provide technical representation to internal and external customers, communicate customer needs to the team, and then establish technical and programmatic priorities. Responsible for architecting, designing, developing, documenting, testing, integrating, installing, and troubleshooting applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions across multiple products and product lines. Anticipates customer needs and conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines system user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Develops and presents winning proposals, satisfying customer needs. Ensures software standards are met and software development processes are followed. Plays a key role in process improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- 14 years of software engineering experience OR 12 years with a Master's Degree in STEM OR 9 years with a PhD
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an "active" U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation within 6 years AND
- Position is contingent upon receiving Special Program Access
- Experience specifying, developing, integrating and testing C++ services running in *nix and Windows environments
- Technical leadership experience
- Experience in the mission planning domain
- Experience specifying, developing, integrating and testing C++ in an embedded software, safety critical software runtime environment
- Experience specifying, developing, integrating and testing enterprise applications in a services oriented architecture
- Technical mentorship experience
- Experience developing proposals
- Experience implementing and evolving software development processes
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top