Staff Engineer Quality (QA Lead)
- Greenbelt, MD
Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product. Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements. May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality. May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
The QA Lead works for the Contract Program Manager but reports directly to the Technical Services Safety Quality Reliability Manager (SQRM). The QA Lead is responsible for verifying that tasks adhere to the Quality Assurance Plan (QAP). The QA Lead reviews and signs most program documents to ensure that we applied all appropriate quality requirements. Additionally, The QA Lead works closely with the SQRM to apply appropriate QA resources to program tasks, particularly those tasks involving product development. The QA Lead also works closely with the PM to monitor and track quality metrics for monthly reporting and reviews, identify and report quality issues across the program and participate in correct and close all quality related issues and actions. The QA Lead works with Teammates and other subcontractors to ensure perform work per the QAP and to help resolve any quality-related issues. The QA Lead is the POC to GSFC Systems Assurance Manager and project Chief Safety and Mission Assurance Officer.
• Minimum 10 years of experience providing quality support on projects at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) flight hardware systems, implementation and maintenance in compliance to quality policies and procedures.
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment to support planned and unplanned Integration and Test activities by Project and GSFC customers that are not during standard working hours with little or no notice.
• Knowledge and technical skills in the discipline of performing assessment of calibration data in accordance with AS9100 & 9001 requirements.
• Strong knowledge of the policies and procedures associated to Accredited Calibration in accordance to:
- 17025 ISO/IEC 17025 General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories & ANSI/NCSL Z540, Calibration Laboratories and Measuring and Test Equipment.
• Holds Workmanship Certifications or has extensive working knowledge to: J-STD-001, NASA-STD8739.1, NASA-ST-8739.3, NASA-STD8739.4, ESD 300-PG8730.6.1A/ANSI S20.20.
• Has extensive working knowledge of:
- GPR 1280.1 GSFC Quality Manual
- GSFC Environmental Test and Integration Facilities Handbook
- 549-PG-1410.2.1D Code 549 Configuration Management Plan
• Holds and/or able to maintain an active DOD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top