Staff Engineer Embedded Software - Software Architect
- Camarillo, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Staff Engineer Embedded Software -Software Architect based out of Point Mugu, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
We are seeking a lead Software Architect for a full time assignment supporting design and development of Airborne Electronic Attack programs with our Navy Customer at Pt. Mugu. The focus for this assignment will be developing Mission
Planning software for the Navy's Electronic Warfare Services (EWS) at Pt. Mugu. The successful candidate will have experience working as a Software Architect supporting the design, development and integration in full life cycle system development. We are looking for a senior-level software engineer with the ability to work in a dynamic team environment that requires interaction with distributed teams including the Navy customer and other contractors. The position requires the ability to coordinate and collaborate with external organizations and internal functional disciplines to plan, execute and
work through program activities and issues; with strong oral/written communications skills and demonstrated technical leadership capabilities. Must be able to maintain strong customer relationships and provide innovative technical solutions specific to software and the domain of electronic attack.
- BS degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) from an accredited institution with 14+ years of
experience in the development and maintenance of real-time embedded software systems; Master's degree with 12+
years of experience; PhD with 9+ years of experience
- This position requires the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance which requires US citizenship.
- A Interim Secret Clearance is required to start.
- Must have experience with microservice architecture and development for an enterprise system
- Knowledge of 3rd party capabilities for microservices that would support product re-use
- The ability to think in both a macro and micro sense, present, discuss, and socialize system design concepts with
stakeholders, and negotiate with stakeholders on their system needs and objectives
- Good working knowledge of Microservices and software architecture.
- Experience with Agile tools (Atlassian, JIRA, Jenkins)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to function as a member of an integrated team is essential.
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, SAFe
- Database experience (SQL Server)
- Good working knowledge of Electronic Warfare and Mission Planning, including Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) experience
- A current DoD Secret Clearance or higher.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top