Staff Engineer - Electronic Warfare Systems
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Staff Engineer - Electronic Warfare Systems to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
The selected candidate will develop, implement, model and analyze, and test advanced electronic warfare systems and techniques in a lab & range test environment supporting various space, aircraft, and ground systems.
- Develop EW specific architectural models that will be implemented into a systems level analysis environment
- Develop technical papers that address complex and relevant EW problems, with a focus on modeling and simulation methodologies and mission planning applications of these modeling approaches
- Perform system functional analysis, interface definition, requirements verification and validation definition
- Define and manage system requirements, requirements decomposition and allocation
- Planning and progress reporting of tasks to technical working group Leads
- Develop of EW models & simulations that will be tested in laboratory and flight test environments
- Travel to remote locations to participate in field testing. Specifically, the candidate will be required to develop test plans as he primary author, execute test events as test director, generate post-test reports, and present results to internal and government stakeholders
- Interface with and develop Statement of Work for external suppliers that will be participating in this activity
- Develop and present briefings to internal and external stakeholder, including high level government personnel
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and14 years of engineering experience; or Master's Degree in STEM and 12 years of engineering experience
- Strong understanding of electronic warfare technology to include modern hardware architectures and SW techniques and applications
- An active in-scope DoD Top Secret clearance
- The ability to obtain program access
- Strong background in methodologies and tools used to develop detailed system models and the ability to present technical information to the customer and internal organizations
- Range test environment experience preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top