At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Staff Engineer to work in Redondo Beach, California.
This Engineer will be acting as the Manufacturing Subproject Manager (SPM). This individual will be responsible for the development of the production plans and execution of the program hardware. The SPM is responsible for the coordination and deployment of manufacturing and production resources to in the fabrication, assembly and test areas in a rapid development (flight) environment.
The successful candidate will apply their excellent communication skills, proven team leadership and ability to interface with various levels of personnel including internal shop floor personnel, engineers, program leads. A key aspect of this role is the ability to make persuasive technical arguments while balancing cost and schedule elements of the program. Demonstrated knowledge of production tools including Solumina and SAP is required.
- Planning, coordinating and executing complex manufacturing production efforts.
- Lead and implement technical rigor in the producibility, affordability and delivery of program hardware while ensuring adherence to sector processes and quality standards for flight hardware development and production.
- Oversee the generation of top-level manufacturing plans and define the manufacturing approach to take flight hardware from concept to production.
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 14 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and 12 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment.
- Material Review Board trained or certified.
- Technical working experience in an aerospace hardware production environment.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain SCI access (successful completion of an SSBI - Single Scope Background Investigation).
- Extensive experience with cost account management.
- Experience in space systems mechanisms and sensors manufacturing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Active In-Scope TS/SSBI or SCI Security Clearance highly desired.
- Masters' Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top