At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a highly qualified, mission orientedStaff Engineer to support Assembly, Test and Launch on a Space Program. This position will be located in Redondo Beach with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
Consulting and advising on all phases of space vehicle build from Integration through test, delivery and launch, with an emphasis on mechanical, assembly, and deployment operations. This individual will represent the assembly test and launch project manager in the Material Review Board and Flight Review Board process. They will also perform risk assessments, engineering reviews, and provide proposal input and evaluation. They are expected to mentor and coach less experienced project personnel in test methods and technical concepts. This senior level position requires acting independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the integration and test of highly complex space vehicle and payload systems.
This Staff Engineer will report through a matrix structure to the program assembly test and launch Project Manager, Engineering and Ground Systems Technical Leadership organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Engaging fully with program management and functional home room.
- Processes: Engineering Review, Configuration Management, Material Review Board, Risk Management, and Integration and Test operations.
- Preparing proposal inputs and supporting technical trades and other program actions and changes throughout all program phases.
- Serving as mentor and technical expert for all phases of Integration and Test with emphasis on Mechanical systems.
- Review and evaluate test requirements to insure completeness of integration flow and mechanical test program.
- Collaborating with all stakeholders
This position will have a direct impact on program award fee and division operating margin, sales and cash flow. Performance will have significant impact on current and future business activity.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field plus 14 years of engineering experience;Master of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field plus 12 years of engineering experience
- Knowledge of complex Space Vehicle and/or Payload systems
- Experience with complex systems engineering and/or systems integration projects
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the last 5 years.
- 5 years of experience in System Integration and test
- Environmental test experience
- Experience Mechanical Integration and Test, Mechanical Ground Support Equipment and Deployments
- Broad understanding and application of mechanical engineering technical standards and technical expertise/working knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Experience troubleshooting anomalous hardware and software
- Experience drawing on technical solutions from the enterprise
- Effective in customer relations, expectation management, and building coalitions
- Demonstrated experience in team building and organizational leadership
- Demonstrated team player with ability to work in a dynamic changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to clearly and succinctly communicate complex concepts to both Government and Executive Corporate leadership.
- Experience developing cost and technical proposals
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top