Staff Electromechanic Engineer
- San Diego, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Staff Electromechanical Engineer based out of San Diego, CA .
What You'll get to Do:
Our expertise is in delivering complex electronics equipment to enable modern battlefields and support airborne as well as ground missions. We are continually looking for top engineering and scientific personnel responsible for planning, organizing and directing engineering programs and activities of significant importance. Our products are, by and large, software-defined, hardware-enabled radios used directly by warfighters and installed in such platforms as F-35 Lightning II and F/A-22 Raptor.
The successful candidate will be a qualified Product Team Lead or Technical Lead, responsible for the successful development and delivery of a hardware item or system within the constraints established by the Project Plan and the customer's systems specification. The selected candidate must have effective verbal and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to manage a project throughout the engineering life cycle. Must be capable of developing a system in accordance with a system specification, and supporting the evolution of associated hardware requirements specifications
He or she will:
- Have ultimate responsibility for the delivery of technically compliant work products within the resource, cost and schedule constraints established in the project's Hardware Development Plan and Integrated Master Schedule
- Direct and status the work of engineering teams as well as that of support staff engaged in planning, project control, configuration management, and subcontract management activities.
- Be the focal point for customer interface, and the design review coordinator and presenter.
- Have authority, delegated by the Program Manager, to make decisions and to deliver high quality products using the organization's approved processes for the antenna, RF, digital, infrastructure, and test hardware products, including avionics modules, racks for airborne and ground mobile military applications. Perform mechanical design tasks and thermal/structural analyses.
- Support electrical-mechanical tradeoffs and physical verification and qualification testing for new designs
- Mentor and lead junior engineers and interns.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a closely related engineering discipline with 14 or more years of relevant technical experience
- Technical experience with in military mechanical/hardware design
- Experience with electronics packaging design, including product constraints, solids modeling techniques, GD&T, corrosion control, EMI concerns, design for transport, and thermal/structural analysis.
- Understanding of system engineering process, DoD 5000, and experience executing development activity from requirements through sustainment in defense environment.
- Experience successfully leading a technical team to develop, qualify and deliver a specification compliant product or system within constraints of cost and schedule.
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance and SAP/SAR.
- MS in Mechanical/Electronics/Electrical/Structural/Aerospace Engineering with 15 or more years of technical experience and direct management of engineers.
- Experience in Mechanical development of one or more of the following: airborne and ground military RF and digital communications products, test hardware products, infrastructure products.
- Proficiency with common design (CAD) and analysis (FEA, CFD) tools.
- Experience with aircraft integration and airborne environmental requirements analysis and verification, including qualification testing.
- Functional or project management experience.
- Familiarity with other organizational functions such as supply chain, procurement, logistics, and mission assurance.
- Current or previous Top Secret, SCI, SAP clearances.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top