Staff Electrical/EPS Engineer - Lunar Missions
Since the dawn of the space age, Northrop Grumman has put innovative products and ideas into orbit, on the Moon, and beyond - from systems engineering, spacecraft manufacturing, precision sensors, space instrument design, ground stations development, and revolutionary launch vehicles. Help shape the future of Space exploration as an integral part of the Lunar Missions at Northrop Grumman. Join an organization working to put the first woman and the next man on the moon in 2024 and develop the next steps toward human space missions to Mars through our human habitat in cislunar space. At Northrop Grumman, we are launching careers into orbit.
This position is for a Staff Electrical Power Subsystems Engineer for Lunar Missions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for technical, cost and schedule performance of the space vehicle bus.
• Applies electrical engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of similar nature.
• Participate in pre-proposal cost and technical assessments.
• Prepares and presents electrical engineering material for Requirements and Design Reviews
• Analyze and designs avionics systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles.
• Supports the design of electrical systems
• Act as liaison with program management and customer
This position could be filled at either our Dulles, VA facility or our Gilbert, AZ facility.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least fourteen years of Electrical Engineering experience
- Ability to effectively operate within a multi-discipline engineering team
- Broad technical expertise and working knowledge of other related disciples
- At least ten years of experience supporting supplier and/or customer relationships.
- At least ten years of experience as a technical point of contact for a product and/or product line.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
- Basic working knowledge of spacecraft power subsystems
- Basic understanding of system engineering
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with spaceflight electronics development as liaison with program management and customer
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top