Staff Electrical Power Subsystem Engineer
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems Division is seeking a highly qualified, mission oriented Staff Space Electrical Power Subsystem (EPS) Engineer, located in Redondo Beach, CA, to be part of the team responsible for the design and delivery of space vehicle electrical power subsystems with responsibilities including (but not limited) to:
• Lead the EPS team on projects including earned value management and/or proposals
• Lead electrical power architecture definition and trades
• Participate in space vehicle technical trades
• Work the flow down and management of requirements at the subsystem level, unit level specs, and algorithm requirements.
• Perform EPS analysis that include energy balance, power quality, and array shadowing/glint
• Size EPS components including solar array, batteries, and power subsystem topology selection
• Develop EPS software algorithms
• Lead or support design review process for the units as well as subsystem preliminary and critical design audits and reviews
• Support subsystem test bed
• Support requirements verification and vehicle and subsystem integration
• Work is performed without appreciable direction
• Mentor junior engineers and provide guidance on best practices
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 14 years of engineering experience or 12 years with a Master's Degree or 9 years with a PhD in a STEM discipline
• Ability to obtain SSBI clearance
• Active SSBI clearance
• Detail-oriented and have excellent verbal and written communications skills, leadership skills, and organization skills
• Prior EPS design experience through the entire system lifecycle from concept, design, production, integration, test, launch, to operation support.
• Experience with power electronics, mixed signal electronics, battery, and/or solar array design
• Experience with power converter and power quality analysis
• Experience with EPS algorithm development
• Detailed knowledge of circuit simulation software such as PSPICE
• Experience working on electrical design and troubleshooting efforts.
• Working knowledge of requirements management, risk management, subcontract management, hardware procurement, and subsystem to subsystem critical interfaces.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top