Staff Digital Subsystems Architect
- Linthicum Heights, MD
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is searching for an Architect for Digital Subsystems in support of future RF Sensor Systems, EO/IR Sensor Systems, and Processing Systems.
This person will have a technology leadership position that will span multiple roles:
- Providing direction and oversight to internal and external design teams
- Working with internal program management to develop realistic estimates for development cost, risk and schedule
- Developing architectures that are compatible with internal and industry standards
- Working with interdisciplinary teams to develop a system architecture and allocating functionality to system components such as Single Board Computers, SoCs, mixed-signal ASICs, RF ICs and FPGAs
- Architecting and modeling Digital Signal Processing algorithms and systems targeting Embedded Processors, ASIC and FPGA implementation
- Implement DSP algorithms in Matlab/Python or other higher level languages
- Perform trade studies to optimize aspects of system performance such as size, weight, power, dynamic range, latency, throughput, etc.
- Learning, applying and driving improvement of internal engineering processes
- Work with System, Software, RF, Security, and Platform architects to define the overall architecture to meet the product requirements
- Creating subsystem requirement specifications and directing designers
- Developing integration and test plans for subsystems
- Collaborating with design and implementation teams to ensure requirements are met on schedule and within budget
- Monitor and participate in the development of industry standards
- Supporting Digital Managers and Program Managers in business capture activities as needed
Back to top