Staff Digital Subsystems Architect
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is searching for an Architect for Digital Subsystems in support of future RF Sensor Systems, EO/IR Sensor Systems, and Processing Systems.
This person will have a technology leadership position that will span multiple roles:
- Providing direction and oversight to internal and external design teams
- Working with internal program management to develop realistic estimates for development cost, risk and schedule
- Developing architectures that are compatible with internal and industry standards
- Working with interdisciplinary teams to develop a system architecture and allocating functionality to system components such as Single Board Computers, SoCs, mixed-signal ASICs, RF ICs and FPGAs
- Architecting and modeling Digital Signal Processing algorithms and systems targeting Embedded Processors, ASIC and FPGA implementation
- Implement DSP algorithms in Matlab/Python or other higher level languages
- Perform trade studies to optimize aspects of system performance such as size, weight, power, dynamic range, latency, throughput, etc.
Responsibilities will include:
- Learning, applying and driving improvement of internal engineering processes
- Work with System, Software, RF, Security, and Platform architects to define the overall architecture to meet the product requirements
- Creating subsystem requirement specifications and directing designers
- Developing integration and test plans for subsystems
- Collaborating with design and implementation teams to ensure requirements are met on schedule and within budget
- Monitor and participate in the development of industry standards
- Supporting Digital Managers and Program Managers in business capture activities as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related STEM field.
- 1 4+ years of professional experience in related industry (12 with MS, 9 with PhD)
- Experience and strong background in developing digital subsystems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork strengths
- US Citizenship required, with the ability to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance
- MS Degree with at least 12+ years of professional experience in related industry
- ACTIVE US Security Clearance at Secret level or higher
- Experience developing electronic subsystems, circuit boards, ASICs and/or FPGAs for aerospace and defense applications
- Domain knowledge and experience in some of the following or similar areas: Radar, Communications, Digital Signal Processing, Digital Receivers, Direct Digital Waveform Generation, Software Defined Radio, SWAP Constrained Processor, Embedded Networking
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top