Staff Digital Design Engineer
- Woodland Hills, CA
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We are looking for you to join our team as a Staff Digital Design Engineer based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
The Digital Design Engineer will be responsible for design and verification of digital systems on a model-based safety-critical development program. Candidate is required to have extensive knowledge of digital design and verification concepts. Candidate will have a proven track record of starting with requirements and delivering successful products to production. Candidate will possess strong communication skills as he or she will interface with our development program leads, senior scientists, engineering and manufacturing organizations throughout the program lifecycle. The individual will also have technical foresight to integrate the appropriate requirements, processes, procedures and tools as this development program will lead to the future generation of navigation, video & cockpit products.
- Bachelor's in a STEM field with 14 years of relevant experience, a Master's in a STEM field with 12 years of relevant experience, or a PhD in a STEM field with 9 years of relevant experience
- Experience with High Speed Digital Design, Verification and Validation
- Experience with FPGA/SOC/ASIC implementation including RTL, Synthesis and Timing Closure
- Experience with design processes including hardware requirements definition, conceptual design, detailed design, verification, production transitioning
- Ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance
- Experience with safety critical designs (DO-254)
- Knowledge of Computer Architecture (Bus standards, Interrupts, Memory)
- Experience with V&V technologies (System Verilog, UVM, Hardware In Loop)
- Experience with Model-based Engineering (MATLAB, Simulink, Fixed Point vs. Floating Point)
- Experience with Sensors and Digital Signal Processing
- Communication, team building and facilitation skills; Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with team, upper management and customers
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
9/80 Schedule at Many Sites
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 90,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 27 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Back to top