Staff Cybersecurity Test & Evaluation Lead (20-266)
- Colorado Springs, CO
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP) is looking for you to join our team as a Cybersecurity Test & Evaluation Lead based out of Schriever AFB, CO.
What You'll get to Do:
This position will report to the C2BMC Program leadership and is responsible for coordinating no less than 20 high-visibility MDA Cyber Events for the C2BMC element of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). This position will lead the Cybersecurity T&E planning, execution and reporting to include: managing multiple T&E projects and MDA Cyber Events, documenting actionable T&E metrics and communicating with various intra/inter Missile Defense Agency related organizations. The Cybersecurity T&E lead is expected to frequently brief results and POAMs to MDA Executive leadership on behalf of C2BMC. Position will also ensure that team projects are completed on schedule following established program procedures, schedules and work plans. The Cybersecurity T&E lead will plan for and coordinate across National Team Functional Areas to ensure appropriate resources are represented at each C2BMC T&E Event. This position will conduct post event analysis and ensure results from MDA Cyber events and the solutions to those results are incorporated into the engineering baseline as appropriate. Position daily tasks include:
- Researches, develops, and recommends appropriate Cybersecurity countermeasures for networks, systems, and/or applications based upon test and evaluation information
- Supports various Cybersecurity T&E reviews performed by multiple external organizations and identifies gaps in security architecture, resulting in recommendations for inclusion in a risk mitigation strategy
- Maintains Cyber T&E Plans and POAMs to ensure compliance with DoD policies and directives, USCYBERCOM guidance, risk mitigation, and minimum-security policies and requirements
- Works with other T&E organizations to develop rules of engagement (RoE), tailored test plans, and synchronizes efforts across all T&E efforts
- Candidate must be able to be self-initiated and capable of leading large groups of people and data to drive solutions to and increase cyber posture of C2BMC Depending on mission and test event requirements travel to CONUS and/or OCONUS locations will be required.
- An active Secret clearance is required.
- 14 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree, 12 years with a Master's Degree in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- IASAE Level 1 required (CISSP Preferred)
- Advanced understanding and practical application of DoD policies and directives, USCYBERCOM guidance, NIST standard and RMF controls for a Mission System
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity, network attack, computer network defense and exploitation concepts, practices, and tools for the administration and protection of all DoD computer systems
- Ability to evaluate effectiveness, suitability, survivability and interoperability of systems, relating to Cybersecurity and provide key feedback to improve the overall Cybersecurity posture of C2BMC systems
- Ability to analyze Cybersecurity architecture, engineering, functionality and interoperability of C2BMC systems
- Experience collaborating with system engineers to ensure Cybersecurity is implemented early in the designing, planning, execution, analysis, and reporting of MDA Test and Evaluation events
- Experience conducting internal and external systems security assessments and testing utilizing vulnerability scanning tools and penetration testing tools to identify security vulnerabilities in the system architecture
- Ability to analyze security findings/weaknesses and work with system engineers to develop a Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs) to remediate the findings and revalidate applied fixes
- Position requires on-call, evenings and weekend support during system anomalies and/or tests
- This position is primarily located at the MDIOC (Schriever Air Force Base) with C2BMC ISSM but will also involve collaboration with other offices in Colorado Springs
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
Paid Time Off
Training and Development
Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Back to top